This watermelon salad, created by Heidi Licata of Delicious and Simple, (click here to see her website), is a perfect end of summer salad. Fresh juicy watermelon with balsamic dressing and feta cheese is just the right touch of sweetness and freshness.
I used my 25 year cask Balsamic Vinegar instead of making the reduction, both ways are delicious!
I made it for my family and everyone loved it! Read the original recipe here.
- Medium size watermelon, cut into bite-size pieces or get creative
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Feta, or more if desired
- 10-15 leaves of Fresh mint, cut into small pieces
- Balsamic Reduction, recipe to follow
- 2 cups Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- optional: Pepper and sea salt to taste
Directions: Balsamic Reduction
- In a small pot on medium heat add the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, stir with a whisk to dissolve
- Stir consistently and bring vinegar to a boil
- Lower heat stir until liquid reduces and thickens, it takes approximately 20-25 minutes
- Pour Balsamic reduction into a mason jar, cool completely, Store in the refrigerator (good up to two weeks)
- However you decide to cut and serve your watermelon, put in large bowl or platter and serve family style or individual serving dishes, add watermelon, drizzle balsamic reduction, crumble feta on top, sprinkle with fresh mint, optional add pepper and salt