Smoked Salmon Caesars Salad with Homemade Croutons
Homemade Caesar Salad is the best! All fresh ingredients and savory taste. Will definitely be your favorite!
Salmon Caesars Salad
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce torn
- I cup smoked salmon broken into pieces (cooled grilled or baked salmon can be substituted)
- Freshly grated black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Croutons (recipe below)
- Caesars salad dressing (recipe below)
Combine all and plate. Sprinkle with fried capers (recipe to follow)
- 1/4 cup drained capers that have been dried on a paper towel
- 1/4 cup Ruccello extra virgin olive oil, heat to low temp
Add the capers and allow to fry for 1-2 minutes or until starting to crisp.
– 12 oz of bread – Ciabatta works well. – Cut into 3/4 inch cubes
– 1/4 cup Ruccello olive oil
– 2 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
– 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
– 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 375.
Place bread cubes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with the seasonings and toss gently to combine.
Spread the bread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake cubes until crisp and golden about 15 minutes depending on the size of cubes. Watch carefully and turn bread after 7 minutes to cook all sides.
Cool completely. Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
Caesars Salad Dressing
– 3/4 c Ruccello extra virgin Olive oil
– 1/4 c red wine vinegar
– 1/2 canned anchovies (the rest can be added to the salad)
– 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 TBS fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Add all to blender and blend.
Hope you enjoy!
Made for Ruccello Olive Oil by Ann Tonini – Thanks Ann!