Ricotta Olive Oil Cake with Almonds and Lemon
Author: Chef Billy Parisi
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
While this Ricotta Olive Oil Cake Recipe with Lemon and Almonds may sound a little odd because of the use of olive oil, let me ease your tension because this cake is absolutely amazing. The olive oil taste is incredibly subtle and provides fat to the cake along with delicious lemon and almond flavors!
- 1 ½ cups of ricotta
- ⅔ cup of olive oil
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups ap flour
- ¾ cup of almond meal
- 1 tbl baking powder
- ⅓ tsp soda
- ¾ salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the ricotta, olive oil, sugar, and zest until completely combined.
- Next, add in one egg at a time and they are completely mixed in.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, almond meal baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined. Whisk well to ensure and clumps are removed.
- Transfer the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and whisk together just until everything is combined.
- Pour the batter into a 9″ springform pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until browned on top and firm in the center.
- Place the cake onto a cooling rack and let it cool to room temperature before decorating and serving.