Who loves shrimp pasta? I know I do! And I love pesto. This flavor combination is amazing. If you try it, let us know what you think.
20-25 large uncooked shelled shrimp
1 tsp red pepper flakes
6-10 green onions, sliced including greens
4-8 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 -3/4 cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
15-20 kalamata olives, sliced
2-3 Tbs capers
1 1/2 Tbs Ruccello Picual extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs butter
1/2 -3/4 cup pesto at room temperature (recipe below)
500g Leopardi pasta – (Stringozzi was used for this recipe)
Parmesan cheese, grated
Make the Pesto – see recipe below
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 15 minutes – follow the directions on the package that states – Do not stir the pasta for 3 minutes after you put it in the boiling water.
While the pasta is cooking saute the first seven ingredients adjusting the amounts to your liking
– melt butter with the olive oil in saute pan over medium heat
– add green onion and garlic and saute for two minutes
– add shrimp and red paper flakes cooking until shrimp are cooked through and turn pink about four minutes (do not overcook)
– add olives, capers, and sundried tomatoes, mix, and heat for one minute
– Remove pasta from water when done and add to shrimp mixture along with the pesto. Mix until all is blended and serve with grated Parmesan cheese
2 1/2 cups packed fresh basil
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
3/4 cups Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup pinenuts
salt and pepper
1/2 cup Ruccello Picual extra virgin olive oil
-Place the first four ingredients in a food processor along with a shake of pepper and salt. Blend until a coarse mixture forms. With the food processor running slowly add olive oil until desired consistency is met. You may need to adjust the amount of olive oil.
– Any leftover pesto can be frozen for later use.