Try this delicious salad dressing recipe from Epicurious. It pairs well romaine lettuce.
Makes about 2/3 cup
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 oz parmesan, finely grated (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Mince garlic and mash to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt, then whisk together with vinegar, lemon juice, basil, parmesan, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until well blended.
Read the original recipe here