Doggie Cookie Treats:
These treats are full of nutritious protein, minerals, and Olive Oil for healthy goodness. If you have a doggie that is allergic, these are the perfect treat. And if he or she is like Batman, and has hardly any teeth, these cookie treats have the perfect softness.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour or 3 cups of Oat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup almond butter – see recipe below
- 1 cup water or bone broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, Celtic sea salt. Then add egg, almond butter, water, honey and blend all ingredients together.
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet and use a teaspoon to scoop out dough – then using the back of the spoon (wet the back of the spoon with water so the dough doesn’t stick) flatten the dough to make flat doggie cookies.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden. Cool
- Keep a few out for your doggie and freeze the rest – take out as needed.
Note: Using Almond Flour makes the consistency very different from using regular wheat flour. The Oat Flour comes out more like regular cookie dough.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ¼ teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Frantoio Franci Delicate, available on RuccelloOliveOil.com)
- 1 teaspoon honey
Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
My new puppy, Nico, loved them both! He smelled it and CHOMP! ate them all up. I also used them for training – these are high value treats – he loves them so much!
I ate them too – not bad! Of course, I’d like mine with chocolate – LOL. The green plate has the almond flour treats and the red plate has the oat flour
I consulted my Naturopath/Veterinarian on this recipe. She has many dog treat recipes on her website: Natural Health Techniques Dog Treat Recipes
I am excited to try this! Thanks for the recipe! ~Dee~
Let me know what you think!