- One rack of lamb cut into individual chops
- 1/2 bottle of red wine
- 10 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh thyme minced
- 1/4 cup cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup Ruccello 5 year balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of Ruccello extra virgin olive oil
Place all ingredients in a sealable plastic bag and mix. Refrigerate overnight.
Remove lamb pops from marinade and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Season with salt, Montreal Steak seasoning, and Bourbon smoked pepper. (Available through bourbonbarrelfoods.com)
Barbecue lamb pops around 5 minutes per side or until 130 degrees. Remove from grill and tent with foil for 5 minutes.
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 1 cup basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 1/3 cup pinenuts
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Ruccello extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor, except the olive oil. Puree while slowly adding the olive oil to a smooth consistency. Serve with the lamb pops. You may freeze leftover pesto for later use.