I love finding good recipes and elanaspantry.com has many recipes I use all year long. She is quite amazing – her history and her recipes.
If you want to eat healthy foods, preparation is the most important thing you can do so that you have good food readily available. This recipe is delicious and wholesome and has olive oil in it!
Serves: 1 loaf
- ¾ cup creamy roasted almond butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup raw sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, plus 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top
- olive oil for greasing
- blanched almond flour (not almond meal) for dusting
- In a large bowl, blend almond butter, olive oil, and eggs with a hand bblender untilsmooth
- In a medium bowl, combine arrowroot powder, salt, and baking soda
- Blend arrowroot mixture into wet ingredients until thoroughly combined
- Fold in apricots, cranberries, seeds, and sliced almonds
- Grease a 5 x 3.5 inch magic line loaf panwith olive oil and dust with almond flour
- Transfer batter into loaf pan and sprinkle remaining sliced almonds on top
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean
- Let bread cool in pan for 1 hour, then serve
To store this bread, wrap in a paper towel, seal in a plastic bag, and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
I’ve left Elana’s links in the recipe except I’ve added my olive oil link from Amazon.