While searching for the best chicken taco recipe, I came across this recipe from Isabeleats.com Click here to see her full post.
I made these tacos and I loved it – you can watch me making these tacos on my YouTube Channel – click
Using olive oil as a marinade is the best way to ensure your meat is healthy and delicious. Coating your meat with olive oil before cooking helps to decrease any carcinogen that may occur due to cooking.
Here is the recipe:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder – you can add more chili powder if you don’t have ancho chili
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juiced (about 4 tablespoons)
For the tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs – I used chicken breasts.
- 24 corn tortillas
- pico de gallo or your favorite salsa (optional)
- queso fresco or your favorite cheese (optional)
In a large bowl, baking dish or freezer bag, add all the ingredients for the marinade. Mix together to fully combine.
Add chicken thighs or breasts to the marinade and toss together to coat. Cover chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes but no longer than 2 hours.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the marinated chicken to the skillet with tongs and cook 5-7 minutes per side, until fully cooked through. Discard the used marinade.
Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. While the chicken is resting, warm up the corn tortillas on a hot griddle or in the microwave. I fried my tortilla in olive oil so they were a little crunchy.
Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks and serve in warm tortillas with salsa and cheese.