I found this recipe around Mother’s Day when I wanted to have a strawberry shortcake recipe that was gluten free – I did not make the holiday spice, I just made the cookies and they were a big hit!
I do not have a Vitamix – I used my Cuisinart. This recipe is quick, simple and yummy!
I made the recipe with butter and then with olive oil – 1:1 substitution. Both were delicious. The olive oil cookies were more light and delicate, but once cooled held their shape.
These cookies are soft and buttery and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. They’re made with almond flour so they are naturally gluten-free.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (vegan, if needed) (I used my Frantoio Franci’s Delicate EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamix Holiday Spice Mix, plus a little extra to top the cookies ( I didn’t use this)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and Vitamix Winter Spice Mix to your Vitamix. Turn on your Vitamix and slowly increase the speed to 3 or 4 and blend the dough. Use the plunger if needed. Blend only until the dough comes together (no more than 30 seconds) then transfer the dough to a bowl.
- Make 12 – 1 tablespoon balls then roll them in some powdered sugar. Place them on the prepared baking sheet, sprinkle the tops with a little extra Vitamix Holiday Spice Mix, then bake in your oven for 10 minutes.
Read the full recipe here
This recipe was from The Endless Meal.
The cookies with the chocolate chip are made with butter the other ones are with the olive oil – both delicious!